- The information we collect on our website
- How we use your information
- Who we might share your information with
- How we keeping you updated on our business, products and services
- Your rights over your information
- How long we keep your information for
- Your data and Social Networks
- Cookies used by this website
- How to contact us
2. THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ON OUR WEBSITE
We only collect information that we know we will genuinely use and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The type of information that we will collect on you, and you voluntarily provide to us on this website includes
- Your full name
- Your address
- The name of your company
- Your telephone number(s)
- Your Email address
- Your IP address at the time
- The time and date of when you submitted information
- The corresponding statement that you consented to We may, in further dealings with you, extend this information to include your purchases, services used, and subscriptions, records of conversations and agreements and payment transactions
- You are under no statutory or contractual requirement or obligation to provide us with your personal information; however we require at least the information above in order for us to deal with you as a customer in an efficient and effective manner.
- The legal basis for processing your data is based on your specific consent that we will have stated at the point the information was initially provided, therefore we will not store, process or transfer your data outside the parties detailed above unless we have an appropriate lawful reason to do so.
The primary instance where our website will ask you for personally identifiable information is our contact form. The contact form specifically, is powered by a popular WordPress plugin called Contact Form 7. Upon completing your information, you will be asked to consent to our data processing policy which is outlined within this document. Once submitted, your information will be processed and forwarded to us within a single email sent by the website application. Your information will not be stored within the website application’s database.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- To contact you, following your enquiry, reply to any questions, suggestions, issues or complaints you have contacted us about;
- Make available our products and services to you;
- Take payment from you or give you a refund;
- To power our security measures and services so you can safely access our website;
- Help answer your questions and solve any issues you have.
5. HOW WE KEEP YOU UPDATED ON OUR BUSINESS, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
From time to time we may send you relevant offers and news about our business, products and services in a number by email, but only if you have consented to receive these marketing communications. When interacting with our website, you may be asked if you’d like to sign-up to receive our email marketing communications and will you be asked explicitly to opt-in to receiving these. You can change your Email Marketing subscription anytime by editing your preferences or unsubscribing altogether via the link at the bottom of any of our email marketing communications or by contacting us via the details at the end of this policy.
6. YOUR RIGHTS OVER YOUR INFORMATION
RIGHT TO ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you in many circumstances, by making a request. This is sometimes termed ‘Subject Access Request’. If we agree that we are obliged to provide personal information to you (or someone else on your behalf), we will provide it to you or them free of charge and aim to do so within 30 days from when your identity has been confirmed. We would ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interactions with us that we can locate your personal information.
RIGHT TO CORRECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
If any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, you may ask us to correct it.
RIGHT TO STOP OR LIMIT OUR PROCESSING OF YOUR DATA
You have the right to object to us processing your personal information if we are not entitled to use it any more, to have your information deleted if we are keeping it too long or have its processing restricted in certain circumstances.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) regulates data protection and privacy matters in the UK. They make a lot of information accessible to consumers on their website and they ensure that the registered details of all data controllers such as ourselves are available publicly. You can make a complaint to the ICO at any time about the way we use your information. However, we hope that you would consider raising any issue or complaint you have with us first. Your satisfaction is extremely important to us, and we will always do our very best to solve any problems you may have. If you would like to exercise any of these above rights, please contact us via the details listed at the very end of this policy.
7. HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION FOR
We retain a record of your personal information in order to provide you with a high quality and consistent service. We will always retain your personal information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and never retain your information for longer than is necessary. Unless otherwise required by law, your data will be stored for a period of four years after our last contact with you, at which point it will be permanently deleted and therefore unretrievable.
Data security is of great importance to Wavensmere Homes and to protect your data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your collected data. We take security measures to protect your information including:
PHYSICAL & MANAGERIAL SECURITY PROCEDURES
- Limiting access to our buildings to those that we believe are entitled to be there (by use of passes, key card access and other related technologies);
- Implementing access controls to our information technology
- We use appropriate procedures and technical security measures (including strict encryption, anonymisation and archiving techniques) to safeguard your information across all our computer systems, networks, offices and stores.
- Never asking you to disclose your own passwords,
- Advising you never to enter your account number or password into an email or after following a link from an email.
WEBSITE APPLICATION AND HOSTING SECURITY PROCEDURES
- HTTPS – This website is secured via Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS). It means all communications between your browser and this website are securely encrypted. This means that even if somebody managed to intercept the connection, they would not be able to decrypt any of the data which passes between you and the website.
- Secure Update Process – Inline with the security processes of our website development partner agency, this website application’s code-base is administered and updated via a password and FTP free process. All code-changes are deployed via a secure process that does not rely on the storage and visible access of passwords.
- Two Factor Authentication – Where possible, the administration interface to this website application and any personally identifiable information herein, is secured behind a two factor authentication login to all staff who have access to it. Additionally, our website development agency can only access the same interface via their secure Google GSuite accounts and hold no password records for accessing the platform at super-admin level.
- Web Application Maintenance – Our organisation, working in collaboration with our website development agency, regularly monitor the security of this website and consistently update the core CMS platform and supporting extensions and plugins.
- PCI-DSS Compliant Server – Our website application is hosted and operations on a PCI-DSS compliant server independently certified by Security Metrics. The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) applies to companies of any size that accept credit card payments.
- Cloudflare – Our website’s DNS is managed through CloudFlare who provide our content delivery network (CDN), DDoS attack mitigation, Internet security and distributed domain name server services..
11. HOW TO CONTACT US
If you would like to exercise one of your rights as set out earlier in this policy, or you have a question or a complaint about this policy, the way your personal information is processed, please contact us by one of the following means:
Assigned Data Protection Officer: Lisa Lewis
By email: [email protected]
By post: Unit CS3, The Cowshed Off, Wawensmere Rd, Henley-in-Arden B95 6BP
This Policy was last updated on 1st May 2019.